Broken Bank Notes Message Board

Forum for Obsolete Currency Discussions
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

I finally had a chance to visit icollect.com and check out the Early American Heritage Auction listings. There were four auctions, two of which have proofs in them. I processed the December 9 2009 auction (23 lots) and am now working on the August 30 2009.

Thanks for the tip.

- Greg

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 am 

It is interesting that you only found 4 EAH auctions archived at icollector.com. I also went to their site and now only found the 4 for 2009. I distinctly remember when I posted the reply to your new Dunlaff proof that I found about 16 auctions for EAH going back to 2007. However, I cannot seem to retrace my steps to find them. So either they took them off or I was at one of those sites that archive web sites. I think that someone at the CU forum mentioned one of these sites? I just wish that the other auction houses would be as generous as Heritage about sharing their archives.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

I did find the Dundaff note in the listings, so perhaps all is not lost.

I also probed the other auction houses saved on iCollector and got two auctions from Bowers & Merena that had proofs... pretty nice haul, as far as I'm concerned. It might be that I haven't probed the capabilities as deeply as I can, but I don't know how to go any deeper at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the latest version of the database with the iCollector entries included.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

This version of the file contains the entries from the upcoming Stack's auction.

Attachments:
All_Lots_DB.xlsx [3.49 MiB]
Downloaded 324 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 am 
Site Admin

It's been quite a while since I submitted an update to the database. Truthfully, I haven't seen that many proofs cross hands in the intervening month. I recently processed the latest Stacks online listings and found only one proof in the auction. Yes, I have a few other catalogues stacked in my to-do pile that offer a few more proof listings, but it seems pretty clear that people aren't letting them move as freely now that prices are in decline.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know I haven't stopped this project. It's very much an ongoing concern, there just isn't much going on at the moment. My fervent hope is that everyone is saving their really good material for the Memphis show in June.

- Greg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm 

Greg,
What ever happened to adding the Haxby proofs to the data base?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

That was never really a priority for me. Many of the Haxby proofs are already represented by latter day sales.

- Greg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 pm 

Yes, a large percentage of the Haxby Plate notes were in the Schingoethe collection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24