Broken Bank Notes Message Board

Forum for Obsolete Currency Discussions
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Membership levels
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to all our new members.

As a new message board, this one has been set up quite simply.

1) If you have not registered an account, you have read-only access. You can basically read everything, but you cannot write new topics or reply to existing topics.

2) Once you have registered an account and that account has been approved, you are essntially given full read-write access to the message board.

3) At present I am the only one with extended privileges (moderator or administrator). Should the need or desire arise, I can appoint as many moderators or administrators as seems prudent.

For those of you not familiar with this type of message board, the opportunity also exists to set up special areas accessible only to those given explicit access. For example, if we end up with multiple moderators or administrators we might set up a forum for discussion of moderation and administration challenges that would be visible only to those with moderator or administrator privileges.

Likewise, we could set up specific forums for a subset of the membership, if there are topics that might be interesting but not entirely suitable for open and public debate. An example from past experience would be a forum set up for special research projects that involved some level of intellectual property that the researchers did not want to share outside their group. If you feel the need for such restricted access forums, please let me know and I'll work with you.

I want to make this the best possible place for discussion of our hobby, and look forward to hearing your ideas about how to do so.

Thanks!

- Greg

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:27 am 
Site Admin

I just noticed that in order to view the pictures posted on this forum you must be logged into an account. Since so much of what is posted here includes pictures, I strongly recommend anyone looking on these forums sign up for an account and make sure you are logged in each time you visit. I promise not to spam anyone or release the user information, but I do request that you use a valid e-mail address when creating your account... just in case I need to contact you offline.

- Greg

Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]