Broken Bank Notes Message Board

Forum for Obsolete Currency Discussions
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: SPAM attack
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Over the last two weeks I have seen a marked rise in the number of new accounts being created by SPAMmers/SPAMbots. This has resulted in the vast majority of new accounts being deleted or banned rather than activated.

In general, it's pretty simple to tell SPAM accounts from real accounts because the SPAM accounts have certain "markers" that experienced administrators can spot a mile away.

However, there is a very real possibility that someone attempting to set up a real account may get caught in the net I use to scoop out the SPAM accounts. If you have created an account that was summarily deleted without notice or banned before you had a chance to make the first post, please feel free to contact me at webmaster@brokenbanknotes.com. Let me know you're for real and I'll make sure your account is activated.

On the other side, the possibility does exist that some SPAM accounts may get through the net. If that happens, the very first time I see a SPAM type post from an account that account will be banned and all the posts from that account deleted.

I apologize for any inconvenience that any of this causes the legitimate users of this message board.

- Greg

Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]